Applications for our January 2020 intake are now closed. If you are still interested in applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we may consider late applications for some of our programs.
In order to fully understand how Artificial Intelligence (AI) will impact the future of work, this program seeks to explore the core features of AI technologies from a business and user perspective. This program will give students the opportunity to study the Ethical and Business Impacts of Artificial Intelligence in Croatia this January!
AI technologies have emerged as transformative tools affecting all industries, business functions, and the interaction between people and computers. The business implications of AI are spreading across almost all areas of business. In light of this, it’s essential for business leaders to become more familiar with existing and emerging technologies in order to prepare for the inevitable implications for leadership and management.
This program is open to students from all disciplines and does not require any specific prerequisite knowledge.
The buzzwords related to the world of AI probably bring to mind many question marks. This program aims to provide an in-depth understanding of AI based products, services, applications and more.
The program will primarily focus on various cases and demonstrations of AI in the business domain. There will be many hands-on opportunities to play with tools that are considered to be the building blocks of the modern approaches to AI.
Throughout the program the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial intelligence from Disruptor to Enabler
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethical Challenges
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Overview
- Artificial Intelligence in General Use: Voice, Visual and Productivity
- Advanced Analytics, Data Driven Society and Social Physics
- Artificial Intelligence: ChatBots and Blockchain Based Services
The professional site visits for this program are still to be confirmed, however they are likely to include some of the following:
- Visit to Styria Data Science facility
- Visit to the largest Croatian online marketplace Njuškalo
- Visit to the largest Croatian digital identity resource company AKD, a government agency
- Visit to the largest Croatian telecom operator HT
- Visit to Rimac Automobili
- Visit to Constellation Software regional office/HQ IN2
You will also partake in many cultural activities, these are still be confirmed but are likely to include:
- Trip to the Croatian Coast
- Trip to Plitvice Lakes
- Trip to Smijan village
Algebra University College
Algebra University College is the flagship of largest private educational organisation in Republic of Croatia and the region (Algebra group), present today in more than 20 cities across Croatia. Founded in 1998, we currently have more than 110 full-time employees and more than 400 associated experts and higher educational faculties employed also in industry.
This program will be overseen by Dr. Leo Mršic an experience seeker. Evolution engineer. Experienced top level Corporate Executive, Entrepreneur, Vice Dean, University College Professor, Assistant Professor, Certified Court Expert Witness with deep expertise in appliance of digital technology in different areas of business and government. Strongly focused on advanced analytics, digital innovation and data equity with ability to extend its approach from operational through strategic level. Strong organizational skillset during 20+ years of management experience. Active in EDU community. With wide range of different experiences (Editor, Lecturer, Reviewer, Editorial Board Member, Advisor, Book Author, Head of Chair, Vice Dean, Head of Study Program) able to provide deep and usable approach in many areas especially related to law, digital technology, math, structured decision making and educational methodologies. Independent EU Project Funds consultant with focus on business evaluation and development potential. Registered consultant in GOPA Consulting Group database (business development, math/stat methodologies, labor market analysis, VET). Member of ESCO Maintenance Committee (Third MAI).
This program will also draw from a range of guest lecturers who will be confirmed closer to arrival.
You will be housed in double rooms with breakfast provided daily. Ensuite bathrooms are available in each room and all rooms are equipped with a minibar which can be used to store food throughout the duration of the program. You will also have access to a communal kitchen, it is important to label any food as 'private' if you are storing food in communal areas. Rooms will be cleaned every couple of days and can be requested to be cleaned at any additional point in time, linen and towels are provided.
High speed internet will be available throughout the accommodation.
Our first week of classes were fascinating, with Leo and Hrvoje taking a hands-on, practical approach to learning about how chatbots, augmented reality and virtual reality work and can be used across education, health and business. By playing around with chatbots and using the Turing test, we discovered that it is becoming increasingly difficult to pick out the difference between a chatbot and a human. Meanwhile during our breaks, Lidija, Kristina, and Marcela (on-site coordinators) were always nearby to make sure we had a delicious lunch, felt very cared for and most importantly, never lacked coffee. Needless to say, they quickly became our most favourite group of people in Croatia.
During our first week, we were also fortunate enough to have two business trips. The first was to Hrvatski Telecom, Croatia's largest telecommunication company. The team gave a fantastic presentation on the impact of technology across all parts of the business, and the extent to which essential skills have changed and will continue to evolve in response to new technologies.
- Written by Dominique Carlon
Croatia is a middle european Adriatic country, which lies between Slovenia of the west, Hungary on the north, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina on the east, while the Adriatic Sea divides it from its neighbour Italy. The convenient geographical position, as well as the good traffic connections make it easy to reach its numerous destinations in short distances.
Among its obvious geographical appeal, Croatia has been a major tourist attraction due to its starring role in the HBO series Game of Thrones, its well preserved first-century Roman amphitheatres and its crystal clear oceans and picturesque pebbled beaches.
Take part in this bewildering academic program to experience Croatia like no other!
All our programs are designed to count for credit as electives. However, it is up to your university to decide whether they will approve some credit for your participation in one of our programs. Normally it is a course convenor, Head of Department or program convenor who approves your credit.
Your course convenors will not be able to approve credit for a course unless you have a copy of the syllabus so you should not visit your course convenor until you have received a copy of the course syllabus from AIM Overseas. You will receive the syllabus upon being assessed as eligible for the program.
You might be able to obtain the $6000+ OS-HELP loan, as well as a scholarship from your university, when participating in an AIM Overseas program.
Our programs are designed so that eligible Australian students can access the OS-HELP scheme, which can provide funding of over $6,000 for international study experiences.
We give you detailed information about OS-HELP and how to apply for it in your Initial Consultation with us, which we further outline in an email following your Initial Consultation.
Many Australian universities offer scholarships for their students to take part in overseas study programs. We will provide you information on scholarships that we are aware of at your university as part of your application/acceptance for a program. You can also check your university’s international office webpage to see what might be offered.
Applications are currently closed for this program. You can register your interest for our January 2021 programs here.
Alternatively, applications for our July 2020 ROUND 2 intake will open on 6th Jan 2020.
In the meantime, you can REGISTER YOUR INTEREST for a January 2021 or July 2020 program, meaning you’ll receive more program info and updates.
You’ll also be notified when applications are open!
The application process for this program are as follows:
2. You’ll be prompted to send us a copy of your full academic results from your studies at university so far after submitting your application.
3. We’ll review your university results and application and, if you are eligible for the program, we will invite you to book an initial consultation by phone with one of our Student Experience Coordinators. You will also be sent the course syllabus with more program info.
4. You’ll pay our $55 application fee and book in your phone consultation at a suitable, available time with a Student Experience Coordinator.
5. The phone consultation lasts about 20-30 minutes and we’ll cover detailed information with you about credit, funding, the program, your application and what happens next.
6. After your consultation we’ll send you a follow-up email with instructions on what to do next, an invitation to join a program specific Facebook group to connect with other students applying for the program and a process document, which we have developed in conjunction with your Australian university, to guide you on how to apply for credit and funding.
7. Once you’ve completed the next steps in that follow-up email we’ll do a final review of your application. If all is in order, you’ll be accepted onto the program.
8. Upon acceptance, you will receive three emails containing your AIM Acceptance letter, steps for applying for credit and funding at your Australian University, as well as your downpayment invoice. Note: Your downpayment is due in two weeks from the date of your acceptance and secures your place on the program.
9. Once you’ve paid your downpayment, your application will be sent to the host university for them to process and review and they’ll send us your final official host university acceptance letter which we will send to you.
10. The full program fee (as shown on the website) minus the downpayment and application fee already paid, payments for the January 2020 intake will be due at the absolute latest by 28th October 2019.
Programs are usually over-subscribed, so it is really important that you take care of things as quickly as possible. We’re here to help and will provide you with information and reminders about what you need to do at various stages.
For more information, see our . Alternatively, you are welcome to or . Registering your interest means you’ll receive updates (via email and phone) prior to the application deadline.