This program, held by the prestigious, internationally renowned La Rochelle Business School, offers you the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the fundamentals of luxury and fashion brands. Over the course of three weeks you will gain an advanced comprehension of the new global dimensions of luxury along with the socio-cultural impact on the branding of products within this framework. With an immersive teaching style, you will have the opportunity to work within the luxury and fashion brands by completing a field project with a real life luxury brand company to help them promote their brand. Field trips to different companies are also on offer along with testimonials by industry experts.
Located on the Atlantic Coast with a close proximity to famous sites such as Re Island, Cognac and the Loire Valley Castles, La Rochelle is one of the most visited destinations along the Atlantic Coast. With this in mind, you will get to spend your weekends there exploring the city and going on guided tours of surrounding islands, and immersing yourself in the French culture. There will also be a 2-day trip to Paris included!
After your 2 weeks in La Rochelle, students will then fly to Florence and complete the final week of the program there.
Watch this video to see what a returned student has to say about this program:
The Luxury and Fashion Brand Management program is a specific combination of the aesthetic and creative focus to the business sector. It increasingly demands an in-depth awareness of the art orientation and the management tools critical to effectively perform in this industry sector. With the current international expansion, currently the fashion, luxury and design industries are exponentially developing in the fast growing markets providing new opportunities and challenges requiring specific knowledge and skills.
From a journey into the Haute Couture in Paris to a LIVE luxury in Florence and in the Italian luxury industry, from a real experience of perfumes and cosmetics production in Paris to the worldwide reputed wineries in Cognac, your time on this program will allow you to live a real full immersion in the luxury, fashion and design destinations and countries of heritage of the main luxury sectors.
La Rochelle Business School
Established in 1988, La Rochelle Business School is an internationally recognised institution which receives international students from across the world. Around 650 out of a total of 3100 students are from overseas every year. This gives the university a melting-pot of cultures and experiences.
The school’s specialities are event management, tourism and luxury goods management, particularly focusing on innovation in these areas. It has recently achieved AACSB Accreditation, being recognised amongst the top 5% of business schools worldwide and within the top 100 business schools in Europe.
The course includes a number of site visits, cultural activities and a weekend trip to Paris in order to give participants an appreciation of French culture and attitudes. Companies you will possibily visit on the program are Clos Saint Martin, AMEL, Savonniere de Re, Normandin Mercier. These cultural visits do not count towards the class contact hours of the course but do provide important cultural context for students.
You will be staying in a basic student dorm, which is conveniently located near the Les Minimes Harbour. With just 15 minutes walk, you will reach the La Rochelle Business School.
You will have your own room. Each room has a single bed, a small fridge, a table, a chair and bathroom facilities. A wifi connection is available for one device per room. There is a common kitchen and a TV room at the student dorm.
The accommodation for Florence is still TBC.
La Rochelle is a dynamic town that is both bustling and welcoming at the same time. The historical, nautical and seaside city will seduce you with its setting and surroundings, not to mention the diverse array of activities available, whether it be economic, touristic, cultural or sporting.
The town is the third most visited place in the whole of France, after Paris and the Mont-Saint-Michel. La Rochelle is a close runner up with its
sunshine and excellent geographical situation.
You are only 3 hours away from Paris via the high-speed train, only 1 ½ hours from Bordeaux, Nantes and Poitiers, and what is more, the local airport has flights to London, Brussels, Oslo and Lyon, amongst others.
All our programs are designed to count for credit as electives. However, it is up to your university to decide whether they will approve some credit for your participation in one of our programs. Normally it is a course convenor, Head of Department or program convenor who approves your credit.
Your course convenors will not be able to approve credit for a course unless you have a copy of the syllabus so you should not visit your course convenor until you have received a copy of the course syllabus from AIM Overseas. You will receive the syllabus upon being assessed as eligible for the program.
You might be able to obtain the $6000+ OS-HELP loan, as well as a scholarship from your university, when participating in an AIM Overseas program.
Our programs are designed so that eligible Australian students can access the OS-HELP scheme, which can provide funding of over $6,000 for international study experiences.
We give you detailed information about OS-HELP and how to apply for it in your Initial Consultation with us, which we further outline in an email following your Initial Consultation.
Many Australian universities offer scholarships for their students to take part in overseas study programs. We will provide you information on scholarships that we are aware of at your university as part of your application/acceptance for a program. You can also check your university’s international office webpage to see what might be offered.
Applications are currently closed for this program.
However, applications for our Summer 2020 programs will open on 29th April, 2019. In the meantime, you can REGISTER YOUR INTEREST for a January 2020 or July 2020 program, meaning you’ll receive more program info and updates. You’ll also be notified when applications are open!
The application process for this program are as follows:
2. You’ll be prompted to send us a copy of your full academic results from your studies at university so far after submitting your application.
3. We’ll review your university results and application and, if you are eligible for the program, we will invite you to book an initial consultation by phone with one of our Student Experience Coordinators. You will also be sent the course syllabus with more program info.
4. You’ll pay our $55 application fee and book in your phone consultation at a suitable, available time with a Student Experience Coordinator.
5. The phone consultation lasts about 20-30 minutes and we’ll cover detailed information with you about credit, funding, the program, your application and what happens next.
6. After your consultation we’ll send you a follow-up email with instructions on what to do next, an invitation to join a program specific Facebook group to connect with other students applying for the program and a process document, which we have developed in conjunction with your Australian university, to guide you on how to apply for credit and funding.
7. Once you’ve completed the next steps in that follow-up email we’ll do a final review of your application. If all is in order, you’ll be accepted onto the program.
8. Upon acceptance, you will receive three emails containing your AIM Acceptance letter, steps for applying for credit and funding at your Australian University, as well as your downpayment invoice. Note: Your downpayment is due in two weeks from the date of your acceptance and secures your place on the program.
9. Once you’ve paid your downpayment, your application will be sent to the host university for them to process and review and they’ll send us your final official host university acceptance letter which we will send to you.
10. The full program fee (as shown on the website) minus the downpayment and application fee already paid, will be due at the absolute latest by 6th May 2019.
Programs are usually over-subscribed, so it is really important that you take care of things as quickly as possible. We’re here to help and will provide you with information and reminders about what you need to do at various stages.
For more information, see our . Alternatively, you are welcome to or . Registering your interest means you’ll receive updates (via email and phone) prior to the application deadline.