"The amount of photos I took will never capture how great this program was."
- Sarah El Sayed, former AIM Overseas participant
This program is for you if:
- You love the outdoors and nature
- Biodiversity, sustainability and the future health of the planet are important to you
- You’re interested in diverse environments
- You’re looking for ideas about what jobs you might do after your degree
- You believe that the natural world can teach us a lot about living better lives
- Adventure and visiting a unique location sound exciting to you
At this point in our global ecological crisis, the survival of humanity will require a fundamental shift in our attitude toward nature: from finding out how we can dominate and manipulate nature to how we can learn from her.” (Janine Benyus, co-founder of the Biomimicry Institute)
This Bio Design course is the hot topic you want to learn about if you’re concerned about the future of our planet and how you, as an individual, can make a difference!
Designed to introduce you to the basic fundamentals of Bio Climatic Design and Biomimicry common to design projects that appear to be “green” or “sustainable”, this course will form your understanding of the materials currently being researched and developed to be compatible with the environment.
Learning about Biomimicry will teach you a logical process to work with the forces of nature and how to find sustainable and practical design solutions to problems of daily life by emulating the countless strategies that nature has developed in 3.8 billion years of evolution.
The fields of application of biomimicry are innumerable: architecture, electronics, biology, chemistry, design, economics-business, engineering, new materials science, mechanics etc. The designs, products and systems inspired by the principles of nature have the potential to be leaders in innovation, energy efficiency, and sustainability in general.
This program is your chance to learn about how you could use Bio climatic design in your future career to make a positive difference to the world.Biomimicry specialists are already bringing nature’s sustainable designs to corporate clients such as Boeing, Colgate-Palmolive, Nike, General Electric, Herman Miller, HOK architects, IDEO, Interface, Natura, Procter and Gamble, Levi’s, Kohler, and General Mills.
- Understand how to solve ecological, business and even global problems with ideas from the natural world
- Leverage your passion for the natural world to boost your employability
- Learn how to innovate and design solutions
- Discover a natural tropical environment that will blow you away
- Field trips to beaches, rainforests, cultural sites and more
- Deep learning both inside the classroom and out
- Make friends with students from all over Australia